leaves have begin to fall, you want to know what you need to do to keep them managed?
QR Code Link to This Post
Let’s start with your lawn. You might be asking yourself, “Are dead leaves good for grass?” And the answer is, “No.”
When tree leaves cover a significant portion of your lawn, they can smother your grass, inhibiting growth come springtime.
The most amount of fallen leaves you ever want on your lawn is 10 to 20 percent area coverage.
As for the rest of it, you have some options.
- You can rake the leaves and collect or remove them from your lawn or use a blower to push them into a pile off of your lawn.
- If your mower has a bagging attachment, you can compost and collect the dead leaves and clipped grass.
- You can mulch the leaves with your mower, which chops them up into much smaller pieces. And this is actually the most beneficial for your lawn because the nutrients and organic matter from those dead leaves in these smaller pieces can break down and benefit your lawn and soil.
CARING NEIGHBOR Landscaping
Gwinnett County & Surrounding
When you're in need of updating your property, we can design and install a new landscape. We know that an attractive exterior can and will draw potential clients to your door, which is why we pay close attention to even the smallest details. We offer a full range of services, so we can personalize a package that's right for you!!
- Shrub Removal
- Brush Clearing
- Tree Removal
- Grading & Drainage Solutions
- French Drains
- Retaining Walls
- Sod Installations
- Mulch and Stone Installations
Because your time is valuable, CARING NEIGHBOR Landscaping is flexible with scheduling. We have regular hours during the workweek, and we set up appointments on the weekend. To request your on-site consultation with me, call our office in Gwinnett County today. Ron (706-215-4737)
While our business was only founded in 2015, we have been in this industry since 2004. From landscape design to lot clearing our knowledge shows beautifully in every project, every time.
Unlike most companies that will send out an employee for your initial quote, the owner of CARING NEIGHBOR Landscaping will be the first person you meet from our crew. He oversees and works on every project to ensure you are getting the results you deserve.
Let us WOW your neighborhood and make your home standout from the rest. Whether it's working with your existing landscape, starting fresh, or a little of both your yard will be the envy of the area once we are done!